- D’lecta Unsalted Butter 100 Gms
- Castor Sugar 100 Gms
- Eggs 2
- Vanilla 1 Tsp
- Flour 100 Gms
- Baking powder 1/4th Tsp
- D’lecta Unsalted Butter (room Temperature) 100 Gms
- Icing Sugar 150 Gms
- Yellow Food Colour Few Drops
- For Pound Cake,
- Cream butter and sugar together till light and fluffy.
- Whisk the eggs lightly with vanilla and gradually add the eggs to the butter and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Sieve flour and baking powder together and fold into the butter-sugar- eggs mix.
- Pour the Cake mix into a greased bar cake mould and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Once baked, let the cake cool.
- For the icing,
- Beat unsalted butter lightly.
- Add icing sugar and food colour to the butter and beat till light and fluffy.
- For Assembling,
- Cut slices of pound cake. Thickness should be approximately 0.5 cm.
- Trim the edges to make a perfect square like a bread slice.
- Heat a pan and grease it with butter. Toast the pound cake slices only on one side till they become golden brown.
- Let them cool.
- Now spread thin layer of the frosting. Make sure they do not spread out of the edges.
- Serve this as a sandwich.