- Button mushrooms 24, medium size, cleaned
- D’Lecta cream cheese 150g
- D’Lecta butter 1 tsp
- Black pepper a pinch
- Coriander a handful, chopped
- Flour ½ cup
- Water ½ cup
- Breadcrumbs 1 cup
- Oil 2 cups, to deep fry
- Remove the caps from the mushrooms and chop the stems into small pieces.
- Heat butter in a pan, add the chopped mushroom stems and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add black pepper and chopped coriander and remove in a bowl.
- Add the cream cheese to the mushroom mixture and mix well.
- Fill each mushroom cap with the cream cheese mixture.
- Make a medium thick batter with flour and water.
- Dip each mushroom in the batter and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Now repeat the process with each mushroom and dip in batter again and roll in breadcrumbs for the second time to seal the mushrooms completely.
- Heat oil in a kadai or a wok.
- Deep fry the mushrooms in batches until golden and crisp.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Enjoy it with a smile