- Basmati rice 1/3 cup
- Milk 5 cups
- Sugar 2/3 cup
- D’Lecta cream cheese 100g
- Cardamom powder ¼ tsp
- D’Lecta whipping cream 200g
- Almonds 2 tbsp, sliced
- Pistachio 2 tbsp, sliced
- Soak the rice for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Heat the milk and reduce till half.
- Crush the rice with a rolling pin until coarsely broken.
- Add the rice to the milk and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the sugar and cardamom powder.
- Cook for 10 more minutes and then let it cool.
- Once cooled, fold in the cream cheese.
- Whip the cream and fold it in the rice phirnee mixture.
- Pour it in earthern pots or glasses.
- Chilli it in the refrigerator.
- Once chilled, garnish with flaked almonds and pistachios and serve.